Maintaining your cooling and heating systems is vital to preserve efficiency and prevent breakdowns. At Carrollton Air Conditioning, Inc., we encourage our customers to sign up for our preventive HVAC maintenance agreement, which includes spring and fall checks. By doing so, you’ll also help extend the life of your HVAC system.
Spring Maintenance Check in Carrollton, TX
Your air conditioner works hard to keep you comfortably cool all summer. But before turning it on for the cooling season, it’s imperative that you get yours maintained by an experienced comfort advisor. Here are the checks we perform on AC systems:
- Check the refrigerant temperatures and pressures for correct level.
- Measure the compressor amp draws.
- Test the voltage at the outdoor disconnect box.
- Inspect and tighten high-voltage connections.
- Level and calibrate the thermostat.
- Inspect the refrigerant fittings for leaks.
- Lubricate the indoor and outdoor motors.
- Check the wiring for loose connections.
- Tighten the blower belts and inspect fan.
- Inspect and clean or replace the air filters.
- Inspect and adjust the blower belt (if applicable).
- Inspect the condensate drain to ensure it’s clear.
- Test the temperature split between supply and return ducts.
- Check clearances around condenser to protect it from plants and shrubs.
- Clean the condenser coil.
- Scrub the condenser surfaces.
- Tighten the screws on the condenser to check balance.
- Check the compressor noise level.
- Inspect the breaker for the condensing unit.
- Tighten the refrigerant access fittings.
- Visually inspect inside the ductwork for dirt and microbial growth.
- Inspect ductwork and connections for air loss.
- Change the air filter.
Fall Maintenance Check in Carrollton, TX
Although the wintertime temperatures in Carrollton, Texas, aren’t as extreme as the summer, you still must maintain your heating system. Otherwise, you won’t only risk inefficient operation. You could endanger your family’s health and safety. Here are the checks our comfort advisors perform during a fall maintenance inspection:
- Inspect gas valve for corrosions, leaks, restriction of gas flow and abnormal noise.
- Inspect the pilot/safety/ thermocouple/spark ignitor.
- Inspect the combustion chamber for sooting cracks and deformities.
- Service high limit control.
- Lubricate the blower motor and bearings.
- Service the air filtration system.
- Clean and service the gas burners.
- Clean and service the pilot light.
- Service flame baffle (or ribbon).
- Set manifold gas pressure.
- Service the fan control.
- Check the temperature rise.
- Set the burner air adjustment for proper mix of air and gas.
- Check the flue and venting for obstructions and carbon monoxide leaks.
- Service the wiring assembly and tighten the loose connections.
- Check the thermostat heat anticipator.
- Perform a match test in the heat exchanger.
- Check for gas leaks around the connections.
- Change the air filter.
Sign Up for Our Preventive HVAC Maintenance Agreement
Carrollton Air Conditioning, Inc. never charges our maintenance agreement customers extra fees when they call us for after-hours service. All our employees must pass thorough background checks and drug tests, and we provide a 100-percent customer satisfaction guarantee. We even give free estimates on new equipment installations.
Are you need in of emergency services? Our comfort advisors are available 24/7, including holidays. Contact us to schedule a maintenance service in Addison, Carrollton, Dallas, Farmers Branch, Plano, Richardson or the surrounding areas of Texas.